7/17/10

5 Components for a Lasting Marital Relationship

best spouse relationships, lasting marital relationship, successful marriage/image.jpg If there were such a thing as magic ingredients to a lasting marital relationship, someone would have already bottled it and made this potion available at your local Walgreens store. There are several ways to make your relationship strong and give it the best chance of lasting a lifetime. Most of them are common sense and some are just reminders of when the relationship was new.

 All 5 of these ingredients are important for a lasting relationship and could be called the “secret to a blissful relationship.” You really do need all of these ingredients for a good marital relationship. The hard part is in figuring out how to express them.



  •  Honesty: Lies will ruin a relationship quickly, even if they’re lies about nothing important. No one respects a liar. 
  • Respect: If you don’t respect the person you’re with, there’s little hope for the relationship to last. If you laugh at your partner, feel he or she is often a joke, dumb or worthy of some kind of scorn, then what’s the point?
  • Kindness: Treat your partner with kindness always. A secret to relationships is to be as courteous when you’re alone and not feeling thrilled at that moment as you would with a stranger on the street.
  • Thoughtfulness: Put your partner’s needs and desires at the top of your list. Little gestures are often some of the most powerful.
  • Love: It’s not enough to just say you love your partner, but you have to show them that you love them often. Whether it be in the form of making love or practicing the four properties of love listed above.

  Honest is pretty easy to show. Simply be open and honest during conversations. Don’t be afraid to let your partner see the real you. Let them know your true thoughts and feelings. This can be especially hard for men to do.

Showing respect and showing kindness goes hand in hand. By treating your partner with respect, you show that you support them. You’ll back them up in their ideas and actions because you respect and believe in them.

Even when you don’t necessarily feel they’re doing the right thing, you can respect their decision and be kind in your words about it. Disagreeing pleasantly is a so-called secret to relationships.

Thoughtfulness and love go hand in hand also. Telling your spouse that you love them is one way to express love. Maybe they’ll feel more loved when you lend them a hand with household chores. You can give them a compliment on something they’ve done, or the way they look. It’s about making your partner feel good.

People perceive love differently. Find what your partner perceives as the most loving thing and do that, you’re expressing your love perfectly for that person. And you’re being thoughtful, too. You’re thinking of that person and trying to make them happy.

If you combine these things and apply them, then you’ve found the secret to relationships that can make your love lasting.

The five rules of thumb mentioned above are the basis for any lasting relationship, whether related to work, family or marriage.

It’s common that the longer we have a relationship with someone we tend to take them for granted more often, why? Maybe it’s because we think they’ll always be there, no matter what.

We are defined as to who we are by our relationships. If you want to improve your relationships, don’t be afraid to ask for help or seek guidance.

The secret to a lasting relationship is the golden rule. “Treat others as you would have them treat you.” It’s not “Whom ever has the gold makes the rules.”

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. My boyfriend of a 4yr just broke up with me and am 30 weeks pregnant.I have cried my self to sleep most of the nights and don’t seem to concentrate during lectures sometimes I stay awake almost all night thinking about him and start to cry all over again.Because of this I end up not having energy for my next day’s classes ,my attendance has dropped and am always in uni and on time.Generally he is a very nice guy ,he ended it because he said we were arguing a lot and not getting along.He is right we’ve been arguing during the pregnancy a lot .After the break up I kept ringing him and telling him I will change.I am in love with this guy and he is the best guy I have ever been with.I’m still hurt and in disbelief when he said he didn’t have any romantic feelings towards me anymore that hurt me faster than a lethal syringe.He texts me now and then mainly to check up on how am doing with the pregnancy,he is supportive with it but it’s not fair on me, him texting me as I just want to grieve the pain and not have any stress due to the pregnancy.i was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a spell for me. 28 hours later, my bf came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my bf are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Unity. If you have any problem contact Dr.Unity now and i guarantee you that he will help you.Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,you can also call him or add him on whats-app: +2348071622464.

    ReplyDelete